There is a wide range of free leaflets available from the office although a small charge is levied to cover the cost of postage on bulk orders. Please contact the office if you wish to discuss this option.
The leaflets are listed below and are in pdf format. They can be viewed by clicking on the title. Unless otherwise stated, most of them are designed as A5 booklets in pages of 4 or multiples of 4. You should set your printer to A4 paper, landscape format and double-sided printing to ensure pages are in the correct order when printed out.
- Technical specifications for dry stone walls
- Technical specifications for simple retaining walls
- Technical specifications for single walls and boulder dykes
- Technical specifications for Cotswold Oolitic Limestone walls
- Brief guide to inspecting dry stone walls
- Butts for shooting, shelter and watching
- Notes on building a cairn
- Walls and the landscape – a guide to British walls - sorry not available electronically
- Geology for wallers
- Churchyard dry stone walls and survey form (A4 double-sided)
- Dry stone walls and wildlife
- Bee Boles
- Wall survey forms
- Register of Certificated Professional Members and Sources of Stone
- Craftsman Certification Scheme booklet and test application form
Next year (2018) DSWA celebrates its 50th anniversary and we need your help. We intend producing a book to showcase and promote the diversity of Full Story...
Got a question? Why not ask the community over at our DSWA Discussion Forum.
Various links we think you might find useful.
Our most frequently asked questions.